Open Doors With an Online RN to BSN Degree in Nursing
Finish in 2 years
Average Class Size of 15
100% Online Classes
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program and to be contacted by phone or email
Earn Your Online RN to BSN and Join an In-Demand Field
Advance your career by earning your online RN to BSN degree in nursing at Spring Hill College. You’ll learn how to apply new concepts and approaches while making meaningful connections between coursework and clinical experiences.
With a student-first approach to teaching, you’ll have access to a faculty dedicated to positive student learning outcomes, and our 100% online curriculum provides customized courses, small class sizes and a flexible schedule that can work around your life.
Meet a Growing Need With an Online Nursing Degree
There is a nationwide nursing shortage, which means there is a growing demand for qualified, compassionate nurses across the country. In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the RN workforce is expected to grow 7% between 2019 and 2029. 1 The online RN to BSN program at Spring Hill will not only equip you with the skills to advance your career in the short term, but will also set you up for leadership positions or graduate study.
If you are interested in pursuing a graduate degree, learn more about our online MSN program.Explore Careers
Immersive Nursing Curriculum
The rigorous online Bachelor of Science in Nursing curriculum is composed of 120 credits and will prepare you to embody compassion in your nursing. You’ll also have the opportunity to apply concepts from the classroom to your current roles and clinical experiences. Courses include:
- HSC 231 & 233: Anatomy and Physiology I and Lab
- NUR 472: Evidence-Based Nursing for RNs
- NUR 476: Health Policy for RNs
Online RN to BSN Degree Admission Requirements
Transfer up to 96 credits
No application fee
Applicants are required to have graduated from an accredited school of nursing in the United States. In addition, they must hold an RN license from the state in which they are practicing and planning to complete the clinical requirements of the program.
Start the application process today and begin working toward your BSN.View the Application Process
Affordable Online RN to BSN Degree in Nursing
$399 per credit
120 total credit hours
Flexible learning format
An online Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree will provide new opportunities to advance your career. Nurses with additional qualifications are better suited to leadership positions in the health care field and are well-positioned to pursue graduate study.Learn More
What You Will Learn
The Spring Hill College online RN to BSN degree in nursingprogram will prepare you to take the next step in your career. You will graduate with strong communication, critical thinking and leadership skills. Program outcomes include the following:
- Apply knowledge of health care policy to analyze societal and professional issues.
- Practice from a holistic base to promote health and prevent disease and injury throughout the lifespan.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for practice, incorporating quality care and patient safety.
- Demonstrate management and leadership roles in the health care system.
- Collaborate in the research process for the improvement of evidence-based nursing care to improve patient care outcomes.
- Incorporate the skills of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, negotiation, teaching and advocacy when providing care in a global society.
- Master increasingly complex skills and knowledge including nursing informatics and emerging technologies throughout the nursing curriculum.
- Practice as a professional generalist incorporating the values inherent in the Jesuit, Catholic liberal arts philosophy.
Dr. Kathy Sheppard, Program Director RN to BSN
Dr. Sheppard brings decades of experience to Spring Hill College. In addition to her robust educational background, she has an extensive career as a practitioner, professor and faculty leader.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from the University of Mobile
- Ph.D. in Nursing from the University of Alabama in Birmingham
Experienced, Diverse Faculty
Our faculty is dedicated to making sure each student is prepared for success. They come from a wide range of backgrounds including education, nursing and therapy and apply their real-world experience to their courses.
- 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Personalized attention
- Mentorship and support
A Flexible and Supportive Online Learning Experience
Online learning at Spring Hill College provides the same rigorous instruction and faculty support as in-person classes. Designed with adult learners in mind, you can take advantage of the flexibility offered by virtual instruction while applying concepts from the classroom to your current roles and clinical experiences.
- Listen to lectures and complete coursework on your own time
- Balance your work and life obligations while pursuing an in-demand career
- Fulfill your clinical and residency requirements locally
Answers To Common Questions
Explore the FAQ to get more in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
The total estimated tuition is $47,880, not including fees.
Spring Hill’s on-ground BSN program is CCNE-accredited. That accreditation will be extended to the online curriculum in fall 2021.
Yes! You can transfer up to 96 credits depending on approval from the program director.
In addition to an RN license from the state where you are planning to complete the clinical requirements of the program, you are required to have graduated from an accredited school of nursing in the U.S.