Complete Your Master of Science in Nursing Online
Classes are 100% Online
Choose from Three Tracks
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program and to be contacted by phone or email
Expand Your Career Opportunities With a Master’s Degree in Nursing
Take the next step in your nursing career by completing your master’s in nursing online. Spring Hill College’s flexible MSN program works around your schedule while preparing you to sit for national certification exams and for leadership roles in a variety of specialties across the health care industry.
With experiential learning at the hands of a distinguished faculty, you’ll graduate ready to take the next step in your nursing career.
Pursue In-Demand Nursing Careers
There is a tremendous demand for leadership roles in the nursing profession. According to a survey from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), there is a national nurse faculty vacancy rate of 7.2%.1 Spring Hill College’s master’s in nursing onlinecan prepare you for nursing leadership roles.Explore Careers
Choose From Three Tracks
Customize your online MSN program by choosing from tracks in Executive Leadership, Clinical Nurse Leadership or Nursing Education. You’ll graduate ready to impact the health care industry.
36 total credits
Spring Hill College’s robust Master’s Degree in Nursing curriculum provides students with the skills and knowledge they need to become certified as Nurse Educators or Clinical Nurse Leaders. The 11-12 courses, consisting of 36 total credits, offer students a diverse range of experience and instruction from industry experts.
- Theoretical Foundations for Leadership
- Practicum for Nurse Educators
- Organizational Behavior
- Applied Research and Evidence-Based Practice
Online MSN Program
Flexible start dates
No application fee
To apply for the master’s in nursing online program, here’s what you will need:
|Official transcripts for all colleges attended|
|At least a 3.0 GPA|
|Three references (supervisor, academics, personal)|
|An RN license in the state where you are practicing|
|One year of clinical experience|
|A current resume and employer verification|
|A 500-word essay describing how becoming a nurse leader will help you achieve your personal and professional goals|
Start your application today. The process is easy and can be completed entirely online.View the Application Process
An Affordable Online MSN Program
$399 per credit
No additional fees
Start your application today. The process is easy and can be completed entirely online.Learn More
What You’ll Learn
Spring Hill College’s online MSN program offers a rigorous curriculum that will provide you with the skills necessary to pursue a leadership or educator role in the nursing industry. With instruction from an experienced and diverse faculty, you’ll learn how to apply research outcomes within the practice setting, resolve practice problems and make meaningful connections between coursework and real-life scenarios.
- Graduate ready to provide guidance in service to others at the point of care in a variety of settings in which health care is delivered or taught.
- Learn to manage complex clinical cases and provide direction at the point of care for individuals, families and groups.
- Be ready to integrate patient-centered and culturally appropriate concepts in the education, planning, delivery, management and evaluation of evidence-based clinical prevention, health promotion and services to individuals, families and aggregates.
- Be able to provide leadership of interprofessional teams by communicating, collaborating and consulting with other health professionals.
- Learn to demonstrate advanced nursing practice interventions including both direct and indirect care components that influence health care outcomes for individuals, populations or systems.
Dr. Kathy Sheppard, MSN Director
Dr. Sheppard brings decades of experience to Spring Hill College. In addition to her robust educational background, she has had an extensive career as a practitioner, professor and faculty leader.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from the University of Mobile
- Ph.D. in Nursing from the University of Alabama in Birmingham
Experienced, Diverse Faculty
Our faculty is dedicated to making sure each student is prepared for success. They come from a wide range of backgrounds including education, nursing and therapy and can infuse their real-world experience into their courses.
- 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Personalized attention
- Mentorship and support throughout the program
An Online Learning Experience Like No Other
When you pursue your master’s in nursing onlineat Spring Hill College, you are gaining access to a team dedicated to your success. Online learning at Spring Hill offers:
- Listen to lectures, read subject matter and complete coursework on your own time
- Take classes wherever is convenient for you
- Fulfill residency requirements locally
- Balance your work and life obligations while completing your degree
Answers To Common Questions
Explore the FAQ to get more in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.Get More Answers
Total estimated total tuition is $14,364, not including other costs.
Spring Hill College is accredited by the SACSCOC and is seeking Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accreditation for the online MSN.
Yes, you can choose from three career tracks: clinical nurse leadership, nursing education and executive leadership.
You will be prepared to take the CNL or nurse educator exam, both of which are national tests.