Learn Strategies and Solutions to Protect Business Data
Transfer Credits Accepted
Asynchronous Online Degree
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Develop Valuable Skill Sets for the Growing Cybersecurity Field
Demand for trained cybersecurity experts is on the rise, especially in industries like finance and healthcare where data security is essential. By adding a cybersecurity emphasis to your B.S. in Computer Science degree, you can broaden your knowledge base to include the technical skill sets employers seek. You’ll learn to determine an organization’s security needs, implement strategies that maintain information security and guard against cyber attacks and other cybersecurity issues.
When you graduate from the Bachelor of Computer Science in Cybersecurity program, you can pursue roles like information security analyst, which has a projected employment growth rate of 33% through 2030 and a median salary of $103,590 per year.1
- Learn from a faculty of expert instructors who bring relevant industry experience to your online courses.
- Sharpen your skills in systems and software security, cloud computing, software development, networking, cryptography and more.
- Qualify for lucrative and in-demand career paths like network and computer systems administrator, security consultant, security architect and penetration tester.
Meet the Demand for Cybersecurity Experts
100% online courses
18 concentration credits
This six-course concentration features a specialized curriculum focused on all aspects of cybersecurity. You’ll build the technical skills you need to protect organizations from cyber attacks, keep information secure and reduce the risk of data loss.
This course will provide students with a broad introduction to the field of psychology and help them develop a more comprehensive and accurate understanding of human behavior. Among the topics covered are the history of psychology, biological causes of behavior, learning, memory, development, personality and psychological disorders.
This course covers the security aspects of computing systems and software from the perspective of an attacker. Through readings and hands-on labs, students will study security policy and its relationship between system components, systems programming, debugging and reverse engineering, techniques for analyzing insecure software and crafting attack mechanisms as well as a practical exploration of contemporary cybersecurity tools.
A theoretical introduction to classical and modern methods of encryption and decryption. Topics include sharing schemes, private and public key cryptosystems.
Security architect $126,019 per year2
Security consultant $85,865 per year3
Network and computer systems administrator $84,810 per year4
Answers To Common Questions
Explore the FAQ to get more in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
You can earn the online BS in Computer Science degree in as little as two years. Total duration depends on the number of transfer credits accepted and whether you choose to study full- or part-time.
Yes, the BS in Computer Science accepts up to 96 semester hours for coursework completed at four-year colleges or universities. Transfer credit from an accredited junior or community college is limited to a maximum of 64 semester hours. You can learn more about our admissions policy here.
Yes. The online BS in Computer Science program offers an optional cybersecurity concentration for students who are interested in networking and security. You can learn more about coursework for the BS in Computer Science at Spring Hill College here.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Information Security Analysts. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/information-security-analysts.htm
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Network and Computer Systems Administrators. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/network-and-computer-systems-administrators.htm
- Payscale.com. Average Security Consultant, IT Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Security_Consultant%2C_IT/Salary
- Payscale.com. Average Security Architect, IT Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Security_Architect%2C_IT/Salary